Monday, November 28, 2011

your life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWjNFC-FinU&ob=av2e

My younger sister posted this video on my facebook & said it was my song. As I listened to the lyrics I kept thinking "oh no, I would not wished that." I know majority of the people around me knows that I do not wish to "tie-the-knot" until I'm about 30yrs old. Even my mom is a little worry (hahaha). So the poet inside of me wrote a little something (to my sister)...


Is happy to say life at 30 will only be a new beginning
There’s so much to do it seems endless
There’s no time to stop for my dreams are unending
I don’t need society to tell me when my life is over
As I care not regarding the status quo

No need for a man to come along
Picks me up and puts me over his shoulder
(I’m afraid of heights!!!)
It is very probable at this day and age
That I can live exceptionally well on my own
When I’m nearly 30 and out on the weekends (maybe)
You will see that beaming smile
With eyes that sparkle like a thousand charms
And become an admirer
Then you will be thinking
MAN how did she get there

You will know I did not let society stop me
For my life at 30 will be exhilarating
I’m going to have an awesome career
Whenever I think about it
It will bring me happy tears (not really, but it rhymes!)
I will be able to reflect on wonderful life
Wondering what other ways I can impact the world

I forgot how much I used to write until now. Definitely still have a little creativity inside of me. I just wanted to say to all of you, do not let society control you. You are a part of what makes up this whole society! Do what you want & never settle. Take control of your own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment