Saturday, October 1, 2011

snack away

Last night I had this strong craving for banana nut muffins...and by the time I finished baking it was 1am! This is what happen when I get in a baking frenzy.One good thing about these muffins is...your mind thinks it healthy but the ingredients say NO. Here's the original recipe & I, again, used it as a guidance to make my own.


Banana Muffins
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 large bananas, mashed
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
- Preheat oven 375
- In small bowl: whisk together flour, salt, baking soda & baking powder
- In large bowl: mash the bananas with a fork. Add the sugar, slightly beaten egg & melted butter.
- Combine dry & wet ingredients. Stir it all with the fork until moistened
- Lightly mix in chocolate chips
- Scoop the batter into muffin cups about 3/4 of the way
- Bake for about 15-20mins until golden brown on top

That is the original recipe I found. What I did was I bought super ripe bananas & I used about half a stick of butter & 1/2 cup of sugars (the ripe bananas should already be sweet enough). After I combined the ingredients, I divided the batter into two bowls...one for the chocolate chips & the other one for nuts to make my banana nut muffins. So feel free to add anything you like...maybe blueberry banana muffins?? Use your imaginations! Also, when I realized my muffins weren't as big as I like it to be...on my next batch I fill the muffin cups almost full. What can I say, I do love big fluffy muffins! It looks more appetizing. Here's how mine turned out...

Banana Nut Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment